I want to ask a couple of questions.
1. Is it right that someone comes into our country, sets up a business, and then flies their country’s flag over ours?
2. Is it right when such a thing happens that a citizen removes the offending display?
3. You who are citizens of the United States: Would you move to Mexico, set up a business there, then blatantly and disrespectfully fly the US flag above the Mexican flag? You who are citizens of any other country: Would you disrespect any foreign country that was your host by flying your native flag in an unlawful and rude way?
4. Would you have taken down that flag as did Jim Brossert?
5. Should Jim Brossert be prosecuted?
6. Would Jesus take down such a flag?
A Veteran from Reno, Nev. has hit headlines after he took matters into his own hands yesterday and tore down a Mexican flag that was being illegally flown above a U.S. flag at a local business.
Local news station krnv News 4 had received calls yesterday afternoon from angry residents complaining about the Mexican flag. When the station sent a reporter to investigate the Veteran took the opportunity to make a statement in front of the cameras.
The man commented “I’m Jim Brossert and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States army. I’m a veteran, I am not going to see this done to my country. if they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us, but I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They’re not going to get it back.
Story by Steve Watson of Infowires.
The entire story and the video is here. The video is awesome, shows the flags flying, Jim Brossett taking care of the situation, and the reaction of the storekeeper. Please watch this, and tell me your reaction.